Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More Distress Stains...

Oh how I'm lovin' these Distress Stains. My In-Law's came for a visit over the long, Labor Day Weekend and brought me a care package from SBP (Scrapbook Paradise). Yesterday I finally got to play!!!!  Here is what I came up with...


First of all I needed to get organized. I keep my stains in a drawer and thought it would be nice to be able to look in and see the colors from the top.  I created circles on my silhouette (.75") colored them and using a bit of glossy accents glued them to the top of the lid. Love It!
Next I created  swatch tags. I did this years ago for all of my ink pad colors and I love having it for my stains as well. It makes matching with other papers and embellishments a cinch. Tags also cut on my silhouette 2x3.


And here is the card I created using my new distress stains. This month on the Hero Arts Group the challenge theme is "All things Autumn"  The Colors I used are; Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Aged Mahogany,  Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain. Hero Arts Stamps; Lg Lotus Pattern CG350, Designer Woodgrain S5208, Real Leaves CL457.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Your in-laws are KEEPERS! You put your goodies to GREAT use!I love your swatches and gorgeous card! Truly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, can I have your in-laws visit me? Especially if they bring these goodies. Lol. Love your card Karen. Looks like your time in your craft room was well worth it .... this is a Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the colors you created. I really like what you did to the top of the distress stains. And the swatch tags are such a clever idea, I can see how handy this would be.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!