Thursday, September 15, 2011

Inspiration Showcase

I'm back with another card inspired by the class I'm taking on line with Jennifer McGuire, Inspiration Showcase. For this one I heat embossed the flower pattern in Vintage Photo ink and Clear embossing powder...


I used Distress Stains in Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge and Aged Mahogany. Using a finger dauber I added my colors in a little more controlled fashion then sprayed the whole piece with water to get the inks to blend and move. I did this in all of about 5 minutes. I think next time I will take a little more time and see if I can get it blended a little better before I mist. Especially on the Rusty Hinge.

We celebrated our youngest daughter's 20th birthday this week with a scavenger hunt at Disneyland last Sunday and dinner with the family on Monday. Then on Wednesday my older daughter and I went with her to take her State Board for Cosmetology. My older daughter was her model. It was a very loooong day. The test started at 7am, and she had to be there by 6:30am. The first part was 4 1/2 hours, about a 15 minute break to eat half of the sandwich I brought her...while standing in line and then another 2 hours for her written test. About an hour later she got the news along with her license for the state of California!!! We are so happy for her. She is now licensed in 2 states!

Her sister got her the sash that says "Birthday Girl" and she wore it all day!


With that fiery Red hair you can tell she's a stylist...LOL.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and congrats to your daughter with the red fiery hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pop of yellow on your card! Gorgeous design with the wonky diecut, Karen! Thanks for sharing the photo at Disneyland! Belated happy birthday to your DD's 20th birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!