Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Window Card



for the Hero Art's September Challenge. I didn't think I was going to have time to create a window card for the technique challenge but I found a little time last night to get started. I had been thinking about what I wanted to do for a Fall Window card so I just dove in. Do you ever have the perfect idea in your head and then what you end up with is really quite different? That is what usually happens to me.

sept_theme_500

autumn-colors

So here's my card... 
This first picture I took with the card laying flat. I started by die cutting the window into the card and covering it with Fired Brick Red and Aged Mahogany Distress inks, using the ink blending tool. Next I took the Hero Art's flourish background stamp and misted it heavily with "Sunflower" Perfect Pearl water mixed. It's hard to see in  the card but it gives a touch of gold shimmer. I was really pleased with how it worked out.

Next I used Staz On "Saddle Brown" ink with the Hero Art's Real Leaves stamps to stamp 2 leaves directly onto the acetate. The darker brown leaves were stamped onto the inside. I was going for a very layered look, kinda of 3 dimensional. For the leaf on the front of the card I stamped using Wild Honey and Aged Mahogany Distress Stains. I also added leaves from Petaloo behind the stamped leaf on the front. I also think this picture is a more accurate photo of the color. The picture above has the flash.
Here is a picture of the inside.

I thought the inside was very plain with just the 2 leaves stamped in brown so I decided to add a little Dried Marigold around the edges. I was careful not to go to far in so that it didn't show through the window. I think I've only made one other window card before so I was glad I did this. I love that Hero Art's has a technique each month. Sometimes it really helps to stretch me.


Hope you are having a great week!!
Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty design, Karen! Love the layering of leaves in the window and the shimmer of the flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another perfect card Karen. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. are the leaves from Silhouette?
    I saw the challenge and thought it would be a cute card with the Santa die from silhouette inside.I need to get some new Ink colors.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!