Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Fun

Where did the week go??? I guess it's that time of year. My Mom was in town for a week for her birthday. I spent a day helping my Niece, she has a 2 month old, a 3 year old and a 5 year old who was very very sick. My Nephew, her husband is a Fireman and was on duty, so she was on her own. Luckily my little nephew is much better, and I was glad I was able to spend the day helping out. Strep throat in the summer is no fun for a 5 year old :-(

I had planned to create a few more cards for camp but only got one additional card completed. Here it is...
I used the sizzix "swiss dot" embossing folder for the light blue background. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and I stamped it 3 times in orange, pink and purple. The arrow is a Quickutz die. I cut it in half and put one inked piece at the top and at the bottom, trying to make it look as though it was wrapping around the card. (I think next time I will keep the pieces of the arrow the same color.) I finished it off with some more of the purple twine. A very quick and easy card.

I'm really enjoying each day of camp. We get an email each day with a technique or a video and so many card ideas. I'm really looking forward to next week!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. Your card may be quick and easy bit it sure looks great! Wonderful use of the colors Karen...see you in camp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Karen. . .can't wait for next week! Love your card! It's perfect for the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one too. In fact I think I will make one very much like it. Thanks Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!