Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's been a crazy couple of days....

I had really hoped to get more of my homework from class done but sometimes life just happens! My husband had surgery on Thursday, outpatient shoulder surgery and I really thought being home taking care of him would give me plenty of time to enjoy my craft room, Ha! I feel like all I've done is cook, clean the kitchen, Ice duty, med's, laundry, taking out the garbage ect. ect. It made me realize how much he does help around here!

Anyway here are a few Valentine's Day cards I did a while back. I had actually submitted them for publication but they were not picked. So I thought I would share them here with you.

I just love these little owls and that Tim Holtz sentiment worked perfect for a heart.

For this one I did a lot of layering and masking. I found the big doily when I was unpacking from our move and kept it handy just for this purpose. 
This was a fun CAS card that I added a little stickles to.

Oh and in the midst of all the craziness with my husbands surgery I received a call that afternoon that I got a job!!!! It is working in the church office where we started going back in October. It has been a long process but I landed it!!! I can't tell you how grateful I am for this opportunity. God is good!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You got the job! Oh, Karen, I am so happy for you! Congrats, my friend! I love your Valentine cards! All so pretty! Glad your hubby's surgery went well too. Hugs to you and again, big congrats on the job - I know what a relief it must be! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!