Tuesday, May 17, 2011

PDC81

Here is this weeks color challenge over at the Play Date Cafe.  http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/

I have to say this color pallet was a bit of a challenge for me, one of the reasons I'm submitting here at the last minute.  First off I didn't have anything in a light grey...lol. But once I got started I came up with 2 cards.

 I decided on the first one for my submission. I used the Tim Holtz embossing folder to create the background. I then went over it with Pumice Stone distress ink to get as close to a grey background as I could. I used the smooch illuminate over the butterfly image on the pattern paper to help bring it out. Unfortunaly you can't see the glimmery goodness in the photo.
For this card I used a Hero Art's Cling stamp, CG248, stamped in Citrus Adirondak ink. The butterfly (CL115) and sentiment are also from Hero Arts. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! And Thanks for the sweet comments, I do so appreciate them.
Hugs!

6 comments:

  1. Great texture and fabby CAS design Karen :) thanks for playing at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job on those difficult colors, Karen! Love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you hate it when the camera takes all the shine away?! Gorgeous textures and design! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see shine--and I know what you mean! It's super hard to take photos of projects with glitter/glimmer/shine/etc. But I see it:)

    LOVE both cards--love the designs!! And that woodgrain embossing! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!